Week 2

This week, I focused on core software development concepts from Lab 00 and Lab 01: unit tests, Git commands, and interfaces.

Lab 00 introduced me to writing focused unit tests to verify code components, a practice I see as vital for reliable software. I also began learning essential Git commands like add, commit, and push, understanding their role in version control and collaboration.

In Lab 01, I got an early look at interfaces. I learned they define a contract, outlining methods a class must implement. This concept, though new, already suggests how interfaces promote code abstraction, flexibility, and modularity.

The biggest challenge was grasping the Git workflow, especially minor merge conflicts. However, the immediate positive feedback from passing unit tests was a great motivator. Moving forward, a strong understanding of Git is clearly crucial, and the initial exposure to interfaces has already begun shaping my approach to designing reusable and extensible code.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 4