Week 5

 For your learning journal for Week 05 I would like the following:

Markov

Work with your fellow classmates and go through your solutions to the Markov assignment.

  1. Who did you work with?
    I collaborated with Chanroop.

  2. What was your strategy for solving the Markov assignment?
    I started coding the Markov assignment right away due to poor time management. I wrote out the details on a whiteboard first. But I think I couldve paid more attention to the details.
  3. What was THEIR strategy for solving the Markov assignment
    Chanroop employed a methodical approach, planning extensively on paper first. She focused on breaking down the problem, designing efficient data structures (like HashMap for word relationships), and outlining the algorithm step-by-step before writing code.

  4. How would you change your strategy, having worked on the assignment?
    Moving forward, I will prioritize detailed planning over immediate coding. I'll dedicate time to outlining logic and data structures before coding, and break down problems into smaller modules for incremental development and testing. I'll also schedule time specifically for commenting and code review.

  5. According to your classmate(s): how well does your code follow the Google Java Style guide?
    Chanroop observed that my code followed basic formatting and was fairly easy to understand.
    Yes, I knew that automating style guide rules is possible via IDE formatters or build tool plugins. This insight is valuable for ensuring consistency and improving code quality in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 4

Week 2