Week 7

 

Reflection on the Hangman Assignment

My approach to the Hangman assignment would be completely different now. Instead of a single procedural class, I would design a more robust object-oriented system with dedicated classes for game logic and data management. This would make the code cleaner, more modular, and easier to maintain.


My Victories and Improvements

I'm proud of the progress I've made this semester, especially with my skills in:

  • Object-Oriented Design: I now have a strong grasp of how to build a complex, multi-class system with clear responsibilities, as seen in the User, Pet, and HealthLog entities for the PetPal app.

  • Database Management with Room: This is a major victory. I've gone from simple file lists to confidently designing a relational database with Entities, DAOs, and a central AppDatabase. This is a critical skill for building real-world applications.

  • Structured Development Process: I now think like an architect, starting with a clear application flow diagram and an ERD before writing any code. This structured approach ensures the final application is well-planned and robust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 4

Week 2